What is Direct Democracy Ireland?
Direct Democracy Ireland is a new political service whose aim is to restore the provisions of direct democracy to the people of Ireland, and by doing so:
- To provide the people of Ireland an alternative to the current model of governance which will ensure that election promises are kept and that the interests of the people of Ireland are the deciding factor in all decisions of the government.
- To create the situation whereby the people of Ireland chose their own representatives via a consultative process in local communities, and are truly represented by their government.
- To create the situation whereby the government of Ireland are truly accountable for their actions.
- To create the situation whereby the current arrangement of political parties in opposition to each other and employing the party whip system to enforce the party line becomes obsolete.
- To encourage the people of Ireland to organise a nationwide conversation on the issues facing Ireland and to work together to create proposals to solve the many problems facing Ireland and the Irish people.
- To create the situation whereby proposals approved by the people are implemented as a matter of course.
Direct Democracy Ireland’s core values are:
- Equality, Justice, Transparency, Initiative, Vision, Inclusiveness, Honesty, Accountability, Clear Communications, Fairness, Direct Democracy.
Implementing direct democracy in Ireland returns the power to the people to call referendums, instigate legislation, and recall representatives who fail to perform.
- STOP Bondholder Payments: There is no legal liability for Irish people and their children to pay for private banking debts.
- REDUCE Family Home Mortgages: A substantial write down of personal debt to keep people in their homes and stimulate our domestic economy.
- ABOLISH All Taxes on Family Homes: “It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home” – Enda Kenny, 1994.
- PROTECT Services & Allowances: Review all cuts made to essential services and people’s vital allowances.
- CUT Business Rates: Reduce costs for business to help make them more affordable and competitive thus protecting Irish jobs.
- PREVENT State Asset Stripping: Keep water, oil, gas, forestry, fisheries and mineral assets working for the people.
Speeches from the party launch
Other links for DDI
Director of Elections :
D House, Finnegan’s Way, Trim, Co. Meath
Telephone: 01 5240 547
To Book An Interview :
Please call 01 5240 547
email [email protected]
For more information, check out www.directdemocracyireland.ie